If you have additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Picnic Day
- What is Picnic Day?
- Picnic Day is the largest student-run event in the country. It is UC Davis’ annual open house with hundreds of events for everyone to participate.
- When is Picnic Day?
- The 110th Picnic Day will be on Saturday, April 20th, 2024 on the UC Davis campus.
- What time does Picnic Day start?
Picnic Day officially begins with the parade opening ceremony at 9:30AM, followed by the parade at 10:00AM. Most Picnic Day-run events start at 9:00AM and end before 5:00PM.
- Who can attend?
- Everyone is welcome to attend Picnic Day! There will be exciting events for all ages.
- What events will be happening?
- There are hundreds of events to explore. Click here to visit our Schedule of Events (SOE) or search for an event here (SOE and search for events will be updated soon!).
Safety and Operation
- Where is the (nearest) restroom?
- All restroom locations are located on the map.
- Are there any air conditioned events on Picnic Day?
- Most, if not all, indoor events will be air conditioned.
In case of an injury what do I do?
- Visit the First Aid Booth located in the parking lot across from the Science Lecture Hall. We also have wheelchairs located at the Picnic Day Headquarters located in the Memorial Union.
- Where can I park?
- All parking is free on Picnic Day. Check out the parking map here.
- Can I receive rides from Picnic Day staff?
Campus vehicles are reserved only for Picnic Day staff and affiliates who require moving across campus to keep the event running throughout the day. Please refrain from requesting a ride.
If you need accommodation to participate in this event because of a disability, please contact the Picnic Day Chair, Bradford Martin, no later than Friday March 29th, 2024 with information regarding the requested accommodation via email at email@example.com.
Events and Food
- What events require tickets?
Will be updated soon!
Chemistry Show- For shows that start at 10:00 AM and 11:30 AM, tickets can be purchased starting at 9:00 AM in Rock Hall. For shows that start at 1:00 PM and 2:30 PM, tickets will be available starting at 11:45 AM. (Will be updated soon!)
Fashion Show- Online, on info booth binder
Davis Dance Revolution- https://linktr.ee/ucdavisddr
How do I avoid long lines?
- Arrive to the event earlier in the day or buy tickets in advance for those that require tickets.
- What buildings are open?
- Most buildings will be open. Refer to Schedule of Events pages 19 - 21 (Will be updated soon!)
How can I purchase items from the Student Organization Fair?
- The SOF will be taking cash only.
Where can I find water and food on Picnic Day?
- Check out the hydration stations and food trucks marked on our campus map (found within the schedule of events). Most food trucks accommodate various dietary restrictions!
When does the Parade start?
- Kickoff starts at 9:30 AM and the parade officially leaves at 10:30 AM.
Is Children’s Discovery Fair only for children?
- No, anyone is able to participate in CDF activities. Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Do you need to pay to play in the Student Organization Fair (SOF) carnival games?
- No, each will be free to play and will even offer a prize for wins! However, we are accepting donations for the Student Organizations’ efforts!