Picnic Day is a family-friendly open house with many fun events.
If you’re planning to have your own Picnic Day celebration, the following tips can help make it a fun and safe event.
- Let your neighbors know you are going to have an event and give them your phone number so they can call you if there are any problems.
- Keep your event to people you know. It is better to have it inside or in your backyard to avoid unwanted guests.
- Have a sober friend watch out for everyone and respond to any situation that may arise.
- Serve food and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Provide safe transportation for guests who have been drinking.
- Know your responsibilities and liabilities as a host.
- For updated COVID-19 public health guidelines for Yolo County, please go here.
On the right is an image of the Safety Enhancement Zones. Citations for the following violations in the Safety Enhancement Zone are as follows:
- General noise: $403
- Urinating in public: $403
- Open containers of alcohol: $321
- Smoking in public: $485
- Minimum citations in City of Davis: $239
Visit The Safe Party Website for tips on reducing the risks of alcohol-related problems (personal and legal) and how to keep your party from ending on a low note.