Picnic Day is a family-friendly open house with many fun events.
If you’re planning to have your own Picnic Day celebration, the following tips can help make it a fun and safe event.
- For updated COVID-19 public health guidelines for Yolo County, please go here.
- Let your neighbors know you are going to have an event and give them your phone number so they can call you if there are any problems.
- Keep your event to people you know. It is better to have it inside or in your backyard to avoid unwanted guests.
- Have a sober friend watch out for everyone and respond to any situation that may arise.
- Serve food and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Provide safe transportation for guests who have been drinking.
- Know your responsibilities and liabilities as a host.
Citations for the following violations in the Safety Enhancement Zone are as follows:
- General noise $403
- Urinating in public $403
- Open containers of alcohol $321
- Smoking in public $485
- Minimum citations in City of Davis $239
Visit The Safe Party Website for tips on reducing the risks of alcohol-related problems (personal and legal) and how to keep your party from ending on a low note.